This quilt takes your t-shirts and turns them into a keepsake that is not only full of memories but a functional item as well.
What better way to snuggle up reading or taking a nap on a chilly day than surrounded by reminders of fun times.
Whether you choose theatre, sports, dance, places visited, your Greek affiliation, or any other combination of shirts we can create a one of a kind item just for you
This lap quilt (above) was created for a Bat Mitzvah and used the young lady's favorite colors of purple and green! The Hebrew characters for "life" were appliquéd on a block of the receiving blanket she came home in. The color scheme is carried through to the back with a traditional calico print.
Sometimes it is a larger history that sings and dances across a quilt.
This one was created as a fundraiser and features shirts covering much of the choir's 50 year history.
The center block includes both appliqué and embroidery.
All quilts include:
- 12" x 12" t-shirt sections (stabilized to prevent design distortion)
- Solid color sashing (the strips between the t-shirt sections) and a contrasting solid color square at the intersection points (cornerstone). Colors may be specified or left to the designer’s discretion.
- Matching double thickness binding that is hand sewn to the back of the quilt for durability and softness.
- Back of the quilt is either white or natural 100% cotton although an alternative may be used.
- Quilts are machine quilted along all seams PLUS hand tied with 4 points in each tshirt section. This quilting method provides excellent stability for use and washing while preserving the t-shirt image
- Batting is Warm and White; 100% cotton and is quite warm without being bulky. It is considered a premiere batting.
Quilts can be machine washed cool water, gentle cycle and either flat or LOW heat machine dried.
The common sizes are:
- Lap/Throw: measuring 55 1/2" square, featuring 16 blocks
- Twin: measuring 69" x 83", featuring 30 blocks
- Additional sizes are available on a custom basis
A variety of options are available to personalize YOUR quilt even more. Many of these are featured in the samples pictured above.
- Substitute themed, print fabric for solid squares
- Substitute themed, print fabric for solid sashing strips
- Substituted themed, print fabric for 12 x 12 t-shirt block
- Incorporation of pieced or appliqued block, including blocks pieced from small sections of t-shirt such as the front of the shirt
- Because each quilt is a custom designed and created item the following information applies:
- Shipping of shirts for construction is the responsibility of the customer.
- Lead time confirmed upon receipt of order but generally runs 2 – 4 weeks from receipt of your shirts.
For pricing information on the LAP SIZE please click here.
For pricing information on the TWIN SIZE please click here.